Festivals are a time for indulgence and overdoing all the good stuff! You tend to neglect your skin and health at these times. Add to it, the increasing number of festive parties makes you to indulge in a lot of unhealthy food. Makeup too can take a toll on your skin health.
If the festival of lights has left you with dull, lifeless skin try these simple and natural steps to easily take care of your precious skin and look your best even after the festival is gone.
1. Hydrate: Adequate water intake is important so Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water for clear and glowing skin. Restrain from sugary drinks and any other drink other than Water, Coconut water, Buttermilk.
2. Moisturise: Dry flaky skin makes the skin look dull and lustreless . The change of season and cold temperatures in the coming months can shrivel up your skin. Use a moisturizer frequently. If you use a normal moisturiser in the summer months, step that up with a deep moisturising emollient in winters.
3. Makeup removal is a must: Never sleep with your makeup on. Even if you're partying hard and just want to hit the bed, you may skip the toning-moisturising bit once in a while, but no matter how tired you are, removing all your makeup is an absolute must. Why? Because sleeping with your makeup on is the best way to suffocate your skin. It can age your skin almost 10 times more than normal. Overnight, your skin will absorb all the chemicals from the make up, clog up pores and cause breakouts.
4. Scrub your skin post the festival. It is a great way to get rid of dead skin and stubborn dirt embedded in your pores. You should exfoliate but no more than once a week in winters. Exfoliation will take care of the flaky, dry skin but make sure that you are gentle and don’t overdo it. Use a gentle scrub with tiny grains. Opt for home made scrubs like rice granules mixed with some honey or rose water and massage on your face and neck.
5. Try this face mask to restore your glow: Mix in 2 tbsp yogurt, and half a banana apply on your face massage in circular motions and leave on for 20 mins, wash with warm water.
6. Load up on fresh fruits and vegetables post the festival.
7. During festivals you tend to get less sleep. Puffy eyes are a result of inadequate sleep. Hence grab your 7-hours sleep to stay fresh. Ensure that you use a good under eye gel too.
8. Get a facial or a massage. Relax to get your glow back!
9. Cut sweets out completely: If you overdose on sugary and fried food, in a few days it’ll start showing on your face : breakouts, dull skin, weight gain, not to mention allergies thanks to the artificial coloring and flavoring that goes into mass-produced sweets.